We had the most AMAZING weekend to date I think since moving here to Poland. Why? We spent the weekend in Warsaw for church meetings.
First up was Saturday night Seminary/Institute Graduation. Wednesday nights for this past school year I taught bible study classes for high school age kids(Seminary) and young adults up to age 26(Institute). I am lucky I only have to teach 1 time a week here in Poland verses in the US where most classes are Monday – Friday for an hour before school starts in the morning. Since many people from all over Poland were meeting together on Sunday in Warsaw, so they organized a special Graduation ceremony for all those youth that completed the classes this year. Since my oldest daughter “L” finished her last year of seminary, we were planning on going. Then I got asked to be a speaker at the Graduation which even made the night even more fun. I have given lots of talks in church and other places but this was one of the funnest and easiest that I have done! I love these kids!!
Now where to start about Sunday….it was absolutely AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, UPLIFTING, WONDERFUL and HUMBLING!
The main reasons why we went to Warsaw was to attend church meeting where one of our church apostles, President Uchtdorf was going to be speaking. He is the 2nd counselor in our church presidency. I LOVE to listening to him speak and he is a wonderful speaker. So the thought of listening to him in person and meeting him was going to be a once in a life time experience.
I don’t even know where to start talking about how GREAT Sunday was, so I am going to let my pictures do the talking for me.
We had several speakers during this 2 hour conference and all were AMAZING!
President Uchtdorf is even more amazing in person. When I would watch him in TV he is always prim and proper but seeing him person he was completely different. He came up with fun jokes and there was lots of laughter. Here are the highlights that I can remember as well as my quick chicken scratch handwritten notes from the talk.
1. Thanked the parents of our church missionaries for raising great kids. (I cannot agree more on the wonderful kids that are here!)
2. We are all missionaries and to be a good one at all at all times. (Completely true as you never now when you are going to be an example to someone.)
3. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the right choice and is not to be lost. It may not be the easiest choice but it is the right choice. (Yes, at times I struggle with this!)
4. We as members of The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints(LDS) should be recognized by our smiles. People should come up to us and ask “Why do you always smile?” We should be able to easily answer that question…I know the purpose of life, I know why I am here, I know what happens after life. (And now you know why I am always happy!!)
5. Gratitude is the secret of life. (I cannot agree more with this!)
6. To be kind and loving to each other no matter who we are because we all are children of heaven father. (And now you know why helping others is so important to me and my family.)
7. Asking for forgiveness from others helps creates bridges in relationships. (Yes, this is easier said than done but is so true.)
8. Friends are like angels, they lift us up on to our feet and when our wings have trouble, they help us fly. (I LOVE this!)
9. It’s not about the big things but the little things that matter. (One of my life’s philosophies.)
10. That as members of the LDS church that we should carry around a temple recommend at all times whether or not we live near a temple. (One of the things I miss about the US and the closeness of temples from my house.)
11. Power of prayer is GREATFUL! (Can, I get a AMEN on this?)
Now this is not all that he talked to us about so, here is an interesting picture that another member here in Poland made about President Uchtdorf’s talk. As you can tell I am a visual person from my blog, so this is perfect!!
What a WONDERFUL weekend it was! I could easily handle more weekends like this.