- What is the comparative form of beautiful?
- What is comparative of good?
- Which is correct worst or worse?
- What is the superlative of kind?
- Is Beautifulest a word?
- What is the comparative form of shy?
- What is the superlative of the word beautiful?
- What is the comparative and superlative of pretty?
- What is the comparative bad?
- What is good better best called?
- What is the comparative of old?
- What is the comparative of happy?
What is the comparative form of beautiful?
The way that is used depends on the number of syllables the adjective or adverb have: Most one-syllable adjectives and adverbs take the ending -er.
Two-syllable adjectives ending in y form the comparative by taking the ending -er….Comparative.RegularComparativeNumber of Syllablesbeautifulmore beautiful3popularmore popular35 more rows.
What is comparative of good?
Both good and well change to better and best in their comparative and superlative forms. Use the comparative form – better – when comparing two items. Examples – better as adjective. Example – better as adverb. Use the superlative form – best – when comparing three or more items.
Which is correct worst or worse?
“Worse” vs. “worst”. What is the difference?Worse and worst are the comparative and superlative forms of the adjective bad.Worse should be used to compare two things. These can be objects, places, people, ideas, etc. … Worst should be used to state that one thing is inferior to multiple other things. e.g. I think French food is the worst food in Europe.
What is the superlative of kind?
KindestKindest meaning. Superlative form of kind: most kind.
Is Beautifulest a word?
While beautiful is a word and the suffix -est can be added to the end of various adjectives to make them superlative, ‘beautifulest’ is not a word.
What is the comparative form of shy?
Comparative form of shy [duplicate] According to Merriam-Webster dictionary it’s shyer and the shyest, shier and shiest.
What is the superlative of the word beautiful?
The superlative form of the adjective ‘beautiful’ is ‘most beautiful,’ not ‘beautifullest. ‘ Unlike the majority of superlative adjectives, beautiful…
What is the comparative and superlative of pretty?
Comparative. prettier. Superlative. prettiest. The comparative form of pretty; more pretty.
What is the comparative bad?
Some adverbs have irregular comparative and superlative forms….Examples.AdverbComparativeSuperlativebadlyworseworstfarfarther/furtherfarthest/furthestlittlelessleastwellbetterbest
What is good better best called?
Superlatives. These three words—good, better, and best—are examples of the three forms of an adjective or adverb: positive, comparative, and superlative. …
What is the comparative of old?
The usual comparative and superlative forms of the adjective old are older and oldest. However, the alternative forms elder and eldest are sometimes used.
What is the comparative of happy?
3. Most other adjectives of two syllables and adjectives of more than two syllables prefix more to form the comparative, and most to form the superlative….Regular Comparison.Positive.Comparative.Superlative.happyhappierhappiestcostlycostliercostliestbigbiggerbiggestredredderreddest9 more rows