- What does Nostrovia mean?
- How do you say Santa Claus in Romanian?
- How do you say Merry Christmas in different languages?
- How do you say cheers in Polish?
- What is Santa Claus called in Poland?
- How do you thank someone in Polish?
- What does Nostrovia mean in Polish?
- How do you say Merry Christmas in Hungarian?
- How does Poland say Merry Christmas?
- How do you say Merry Christmas in Romanian?
- What is Christmas Eve called in Poland?
What does Nostrovia mean?
“Nostrovia” is the English mispronunciation of the Russian word, “Na Zdorovie”, meaning “cheers”.
Nostrovia is now used as English slang for “let’s get drunk” and as a common drinking toast..
How do you say Santa Claus in Romanian?
In Romanian, Merry Christmas is ‘Crăciun Fericit’. Happy/Merry Christmas in lots more languages. In Romania Santa Claus is known as ‘Moş Crăciun’ (Old Man Christmas).
How do you say Merry Christmas in different languages?
Say Merry Christmas in 10 different languagesFrench: Joyeux Noël.German: Frohe Weinachten.Spanish: Feliz Navidad.Italian: Buon Natale.Portuguese: Feliz Natal.Dutch: Vrolijk kerstfeest.Romanian: Crăciun fericit.Polish: Wesołych świąt Bożego Narodzenia.More items…•Dec 23, 2015
How do you say cheers in Polish?
– Na Zdrowie! (Nah zdrov-e-yay) Without doubt the most common toast, it’s essentially the Polish version of “Cheers!”. This ubiquitous phrase is one no traveler to the lands of Poland should be without. It literally means “to health” and can also be used to say “Bless you”.
What is Santa Claus called in Poland?
9. Polish: Święty Mikołaj (lit. Saint Nicholas)
How do you thank someone in Polish?
In Polish, “Thank you” is Dziękuję. You can emphasize Dziękuję by adding bardzo, which means “very much.” You could say Dziękujębardzo, which would be the equivalent of “Thank you very much”.
What does Nostrovia mean in Polish?
Apparently what I thought we were saying as a toast was nostrovia, was not. It is the Polish word/phrase dla zdrowie which means “to your health”.
How do you say Merry Christmas in Hungarian?
Merry Christmas in Hungarian In Hungarian, people say: “Boldog Karácsonyt”.
How does Poland say Merry Christmas?
Wesołych ŚwiątIn Polish Happy/Merry Christmas is ‘Wesołych Świąt’. Happy/Merry Christmas in lots more languages.
How do you say Merry Christmas in Romanian?
A tongue twister for most foreigners, but don’t worry about getting it perfectly. Romanians will appreciate you trying and still understand what you’re saying. What about the pronunciation? It’s something like “crah-tschun feh-re-cheet” Oh yes!
What is Christmas Eve called in Poland?
wigiliaChristmas Eve Supper, known as wigilia, is one of the most longstanding and widely cherished of Polish rituals. In the vast majority of homes, both among believers or non-believers, a formal meal is celebrated and served on the table which is covered with a white tablecloth.